Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner Siting!


Yesterday I was working in the storage room in the basement and heard Max growling. He was pretty worked up, so I went to see what was up. On our backporch were FIVE HUGE TURKEYS! I really mean HUGE--they freaked me out a bit, okay a lot. I was jumping around and yelling, but nobody else was home to respond. (It's okay you can chuckle and smile at that visual! I know I am a freak!) They were seriously close to five feet tall, had these nasty, big red heads and lots of fat black feathers. Not attractive birds! I ran to get my camera (once I realized they weren't getting inside the house) but they were startled by my movement and ran away. Maybe next time. Ugh! will there be a next time??!!?? I guess I can provide the turkey for Thanksgiving, but I am not plucking it! Illinois wildlife--another great BONUS!?! of country life.

5 comments:

The Coons Family said...

Katie- I would have been freaking out too! You should have seen me jump up and down at fish lake when their was a spider in our room... I even ran out of the room and the whole family was in the front room, yes talk about embarrassing. Sometimes it is better when no one is around!

Kelly said...

I guess you need a be be gun perhaps for Christmas.

Emily said...

I'm glad Max was able to make a friend. That dog gets lonely when I'm not there. haha

Mk said...

We could pool our native resourses this Thanksgiving- you bring the Turkey we'll bring the "armidilla".

Katie said...

Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is my very own Red Rider BB gun! Love, Ralphiekate