Tuesday, July 31, 2007

O MA HA



Mile 1457 on the seemingly never ending journey. Truck driving would be a tough profession. Different city, different bed every night. Only one more day to go. Nebraska is beautiful. I don't think I've ever been here. Rolling small hills, very green, great weather (I KNOW winter will be miserable! Everyone reminds you of that fact!) It has a nice feeling to it. I think Mom and Dad had a friend who came from Grand Island Nebraska. Maybe a Dr. Zaijek sp?. Not sure. I can't help but think about the pioneers as I drive along this road. This was the Mormon pioneer trail. There are dozens of markers along the way. I am grateful and I marvel at their sacrifices. I would have stayed in Nebraska--especially after seeing Wyoming! I also am reminded how grateful I am to live in America. I am driving nearly 2000 miles with my family and I feel safe, protected and grateful to live in this beautiful country. I can't help but think that is God's hand. A little philisophical this morning! Have a great one! Tonight, Mt. Vernon, Illinois! P.S. I have a new email--illinoiskate@hotmail.com--but no addresses. Ugh! I forgot to print out a hardcopy of my address book before we were disconnected from cox. Send me your emails please--any that you have would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Never heard of it!
Next city . . .